Visit South Australia, Australia! South Australia offers renowned food, wine and wilderness regions to visit. Here is a brief travel guide for when you visit South Australia, Australia.
Current time in Adelaide South Australia
Welcome to Adelaide, South Australia!
Adelaide is the capital city of the state of South Australia.
The current time in Adelaide and South Australia is:
Information about Daylight Savings Time can be found on the Daylight Savings Time South Australia 2015 page.
To post a comment on any article on this web site just scroll down to near the bottom. You will see the boxes to enter a couple of details and comment. You can share your knowledge and experience that may help other readers.
Adelaide Car Rental Companies
Car hire Adelaide tips and pitfalls
Types of car insurance – what car insurance suits you?
What does comprehensive car insurance cover?
Adelaide bottle and can recycling
Some Adelaide bottle and can recycling depots are listed on the Adelaide bottle and can recycling page. Some brief history about the container deposit is mentioned as well.
Featured South Australia Tourism Posts
Here are some general tips for when you buy travel insurance in Australia. Claims are usually made for cancellations of all or part of their travel, expensive medical incidents, or for lost or stolen baggage or personal belongings. There are a range of factors related to these types of claims…
- Australia travel tips and information
- Australia travel tips – emergency assistance phone number, cars, alcohol
- Australia travel tips – tipping in Australia
- Australia travel tips – buying fuel
- Australia travel tips – buying food
- Australian slang phrases, sentences, sayings
- Is Australia a continent or country?
- Why is Australia called the “Land Down Under” or “Oz”?
Adelaide, South Australia weather
A general look at Adelaide, South Australia climate, temperatures and weather extremes and patterns is presented on the South Australia climate and weather page.
Pie floater AdelaideThe number one question for tourists and locals alike is: Where to get a pie floater in Adelaide? There are a few places listed in the link you just saw.
- Whale watching tours South Australia
- Aerial Adventure Park – Mega Adventure Park – West Beach
- Greenhills Adventure Park closing in 2016
- Visit South Australia, Australia
- Sellicks Hill Buddha statue temple
- Victoria Square (Tarndanyangga) Adelaide skateboarding video
- Kangaroo Island Hyperlapse Video – “Home of the Soul”
- Public gardens in Adelaide to get married or tour
- Car hire Adelaide tips and pitfalls
- Granite Island cafe Victor Harbor closing in 2015?
- Universal Basic Income: how a universal basic income helps
- Forgotten generations: no money, no job, no home
- 5 radical tax reform ideas Australia urgently needs
- Insurance comparison websites in Australia misleading
- Centrelink dole bludgers, jobs crisis, Australian welfare terrorism
- Surprising property investment home loans clickbait
- How to slow South Australia’s crippling brain drain
- Common sense scares Adelaide which actively opposes it
- Misdirected outrage after bus passengers help girl evicted by guards
- We live in La La Land in #Australia
- Unemployment rate January 2017: blame employer excuses too
- South Australia storm causes blackout for 58,000+ homes 19 January 2017
- An Absurd Christmas Story … and a farcical propaganda machine tale
- SA power blackouts: What’s up with South Australia power blackouts?
- Liberal Party Australia rob the poor to give to the rich
- Renewable energy myths and facts | 5 common myths debunked
- Aussies unhappy with $620m of unwanted Christmas presents
- Low consumer confidence in Adelaide – small business closing
- Adelaide gardeners: minimal home garden maintenance services
- Christmas, Boxing Day shopping hours 2016 Adelaide
- Woolworths specials: laughable Woolworths “specials” photos
- Adelaide small business retailers, consumers hard times
- Easter 2016 shop opening hours South Australia
- Myer online shopping at eBay
- Shopping gift voucher scams use fake supermarket gift cards
- Marketing 101: insult potential customers
- Topshop and Topman Adelaide
- 5 good sites about grocery shopping tips on a budget
- Australians can bypass car dealers with lifted car import restrictions
- ALDI Adelaide
Supermarkets and food
Adelaide South Australia Facebook
Latest posts when available
Ye olde local rag posted an opinion column suggesting 3 ways to stem the SA brain drain. Nek minnit, I decided that I shall comment right here and you can as well?
The 3 ways were: a) Affordability, b) create fun (yes that was one of them), c) jobs.
The first thing on the list of any economist and right winger worth their salt is to demand that we slash costly state-based red tape that the Liberals and Labor have both imposed on us during their time in government. Then businesses will waste hundreds of millions of dollars a year less in this state. Who knows, it might help to then create some jobs? Wouldn't that be something for a change :)
The next item on the agenda, assuming that the above is achieved urgently first, is to tackle the distinct lack of industry diversification in SA. Who knows, it might help to then create some jobs? Wouldn't that be something for a change :) Far too often do we see stories about companies that have given up on their ideas thanks to council and state government red tape. It's one of the biggest reasons that SA hasn't progressed much since the late 1970s.
The next item, assuming that the first two are done, is the more controversial idea of what people say: reduce the metro area's population by a few hundred thousand people. It means stopping all immigration for a while, reducing foreign student numbers, and letting net interstate migration go through the roof. Yes it's a "radical" idea that property developers and state governments can't stand, but it has to be done to give remaining locals a fighting chance.
Guess what happens if these three things alone are done? You can comment here instead of waiting to see what I would say.
And hey, once people are in jobs and building a future then sure we can create fun :) ... See MoreSee Less
'Strike a pose there's nothing to it...vogue.' The koalas in #Morialta Conservation Park certainly have been hamming it up for the cameras lately. Have you papped a koala in a national park recently? Share your pics with us in the comments below for your chance to be featured on #FurryFriday. #NationalParksSA Image: instagram.com/insta_marg_
Photo: Boardwalk in Hallett Cove Conservation Park, #SouthAustralia. ... See MoreSee Less
Hallett Cove Conservation Park is one Australia’s most incredible geological sites and can be found just 30 mins away from the city! Stroll along the 7km boardwalk before heading to nearby McLaren Vale's Pizzateca for a quattro formaggi pizza and local vino. Bellissimo 🍕🍷http://bit.ly/HalletCoveConservationP Photo: Ben Heide #SeeSouthAustralia
Yes #7News, it's not helpful that state government rules prohibit bikes on buses and trams because there's no room like there is on trains. So how about taking the outrage out on the state government instead of workers following procedure?
Yes the workers could've turned a blind eye using the excuse that it's a train substitute bus. But then people would whinge and moan about bikes on buses in the early hours of the morning. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Why do bus drivers not have an alternative arrangement for the few people that might have a bike late at night? Where's that duty of care, some can just as easily ask?
Take it out on the state government rather than workers trying to scratch together a menial living! ... See MoreSee Less
A young girl has been kicked off a bus in the middle of the night because she had a bike. Fellow passengers rallied around her with one good Samaritan paying for her taxi fare home. www.7news.com.au #7News