South Australia Daylight Savings Time 2015
South Australia Daylight Savings Time 2015 begins at 2am on Sunday 4th October. Clocks should be moved forward by one hour. Daylight Saving ends on Sunday 3rd April, 2016 when clocks can be moved back by one hour at 3am.
New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) are the only states and territory with DST. This causes confusion about what the time is in other states (see time zones list below).
Residents in DST states and the ACT lose an hour of sleep when clocks are put forward an hour at the start of DST. They gain the hour back when DST concludes.
Time zones during DST become:
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) – Queensland stays on this.
- Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) – New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Victoria, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory become 1 hour ahead of Queensland.
- Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT) – South Australia.
- Australian Central Standard Time (ACST) – Northern Territory.
- Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) – Western Australia.